|Teng Khongma Peak|
Day 01- Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1345meters).
There you will be met by our Airport Representative and transferred to hotel by private tourist vehicle. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02- Pre-trip Meeting and Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley.
In the morning after breakfast at 9 AM, we host a Pre-Trip meeting at your hotel in Kathmandu and introduced your trek Leader/Guide mean time and it will provide an opportunity for individuals to ask questions about the your trek and to introduce you to other participants. This includes a final briefing and preparations for the trip.
PLEASE ADVISE US IF YOU WILL BE ARRIVING LATE AND ARE THEREFORE UNABLE TO ATTEND THE PRE-TRIP MEETING.
In THE PRE-TRIP MEETING All passengers MUST bring:
2. Four copies of Passport size photos each.
3. Travel Insurance Policy.
4. A writing pen
After the Pre-Trip meeting and breakfast your sightseeing trip will start at 9.45 AM in the morning. We provide a private vehicle and professional tour guide. We visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa. After Bodhnath Stupa we visit Pashupatinath, the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here we see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. We also visit Bhaktapur Durbar Square, which is a collection of pagoda and shikhara – style temples grouped around a fifty-five-window palace of brick and wood. The attraction of the Bhaktapur Durbar Square is The Lion gate, The Golden gate, The Palace of fifty five windows, Art Galleries, The Statue of King Bhupatindra Malla.
The rest of our time in Kathmandu is free for further exploration and some last-minute shopping in Thamel area near by your hotel. Later, we are supplied with our Trek Pack and departure information for tomorrow. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03- Fly from Kathmandu to Taplejung (2320meters) trek to Lali Kharka (2276meters) 3 hours.
Half hour flight to Taplejung at Suketar Airport. The porters and crew will be waiting for our arrival. After landing we take an early lunch, while the crew arranges our gear. In the afternoon we start with an easy 2 to 3 hours walk along the ridge line to Lali Kharka, a grazing area. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 05- Fhurumbu
Taplejung to Fhurumbu
Day 06- Chirwa
Fhurumbu to Chirwa
Day 07- Sekhatum
Chirwa to Sekhatum
Day 08- Amjilesa
Sekhatum to Amjilesa
Day 09- Gyabla
Amjilesa to Gyabla
Day 10- Ghunsa
Gyabla to Ghunsa
Day 11- Ghunsa
Ghunsa ( Rest Day )
Day 12- Khambachen
Ghunsa to Khambachen
Day 13- Trek to Lhonak (4790meters) 6 hours.
A gradual climb through rocky fields gets you to Ramtang at elevation of 4240 meters then crossing northwest of the Kanchenjunga Glacier you reach Lhonak. Lohnak is on a sandy plain near a dry lakebed. You will camp between the boulders here to stay out of the wind. There are beautiful mountain vistas all around. Water is very scarce in Lhonak and you will need to use only as much as absolutely necessary. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 14- Lhonak
Lhonak ( Rest Day )
Day 15- High Camp
Day 16- High Camp
Day 17- Lhonak
High Camp - Lhonak
Day 18- Gunsha
More descents thru magnificent sections of forest as long as we make Amjilosa tomorrow. From Ghunsa an hour down we pass through Phole, a village in two parts. The upper section houses Tibetan refugees who are well established, the second is the winter village of Ghunsa. Further down is Yangswa, a great and warm camp. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 19- Gyapla
Gunsha - Gyapla
Day 20- Sekathum
Down, down and down! After a short climb we begin the steep descent that will take most of the day. We reach the joining of the Tamur and Ghunsa Kholas. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 21- Chiruwa
We cross the Simbu Khola, which originates from Kanchenjunga's south base camp, the Khola that we followed up from Torontan. It is pleasantly warm at these low altitudes and cardamom grows freely in the moist shaded forest. Crossing numerous small tributary streams we reach Chhirwa, a village set among large boulders. We camp in a field out of the village. This is an easier day. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 22- Phumpay Dada
Chiruwa - Phumpay Dada
Day 23- Suketar Airport
Traversing in an out of minor valleys, we pass thru a succession of picturesque villages on our way to Suketar, reaching around late afternoon. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 24- Biratnagar
Taplejung - Biratnagar
Day 25- Kathmandu
Enjoying your last glimpse of the mountains you have recently visited one last time on the 35 minute Scenic flight back to Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel.
Day 26- Leisure day in Kathmandu.
It's also spare day in Kathmandu, if you are interested in continuing onto Chitwan Jungle Safari, River Rafting Adventure, Kathmandu Shopping Tour or Scenic Everest Flight.
Day 27- Transfer for your final flight departure.
The trip ends, our Airport Representative will drop you to the Kathmandu International Airport for your flight departure from Nepal.
NOTE: The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. The trek can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: On adventure trips of this type, weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
• Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus.
• Standard twin sharing accommodation in three/four star hotel in Kathmandu breakfast included. (6 nights)
• Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private car / van / bus.
• Full board meal during the trek and camping at base camp, prepared by our cook with hot Tea & coffee.
• All base camp and Advance base camp camping gears (We will provide fully water proof dining tents, kitchen gears, dining table, chairs, toilet tents, shower tent at the base camp and advance base camp)
• High quality tents for all camps.
• Insurance for all Nepali staffs and porters including helicopter rescue provision.
• Boiled and purify drinking water for the trek and at base camp.
• Expedition permits
• Liaison officer and his round trip flight, insurance, wages, expedition equipments etc.
• High altitude climbing food, fuel, Gas above base camp (you are also advised to bring some high altitude food yourselves)
• Guide, cook, porters, helpers up to base camp
• Climbing Sherpas (1 member = 1 Sherpa Ratio on climbing day)
• A well stocked first aid and medical kit sufficient to counter any possible mountaineering ailments, from headache to serious injury.
• Oxygen equipment for medical use only.
• A portable hyperbaric chamber (Gamow bag)
• Emergency communications on the mountain and satellite communications link for helicopter evacuation.
• Oxygen 7 bottles per team climber and 4 bottles per Sherpa.
• Mask regulator
• Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu.
• Welcome dinner for members in Kathmandu.
• Power supply at Base Camp for charging electronics (solar and generator backup)
• Flight cost from Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu including airport departure tax at both airport.
• All our government taxes and vat.
• Farewell dinner party in Kathmandu.
• Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
• Travel Insurance which cover emergency Rescue and Evacuation. (K2 Summit strongly recommends that you purchase a Global Rescue membership to protect yourself. We are an authorized agent of Global Rescue. Read about our emergency helicopter RESCUE & SECURITY EVACUATION Policy)
• International airfare and airport departure tax.
• Nepal entry visa fee (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100 in Kathmandu airport up on your arrival. You will also require 2 passport size photos You can easily extend the visa if require.)
• Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
• Personal trekking and Climbing Equipment.
• Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
• Garbage Deposit USD 4000.00 (sharing from climbing group). It is refundable; however, it will not be refundable if the climbers fail to take back their garbage to Namche Bazar and Kathmandu.
• Excess baggage charges.
• Sherpa tip pool (See below)
• Internet and sat phone.
• Costs incurred as a result of delays or events beyond the control of Ace the Himalaya.
Trip Code: ATH089
Country : Nepal
Activities : Sightseeing, Trekking tour and Climbing
Destination : Everest Summit 29,028 feet, 8848 meters
Trip Price : US$ 42000
Trip Duration : 67 days
Max. Altitude : 29,028 feet, 8848 meters
Group Size : Minimum 3/Maximum 10
Best Season : March to June/August to November.
Climbing Grade : Advanced
Daily walking Hour: 5 to 10/ Summit day can be up to 20 hours