|Simikot to Kailash Trek|
Simikot to Mt. Kailash Trekking is very beautiful and holiest adventure trip in Tibet. Simikot Mount Kailash and Mansarovar Trekking tour is not only trek, there is some days by 4WD drive as well. We fly from Kathmandu – Nepalgunj – Simikot and then we start to trek on the way to Purung after that we take 4WD drive until Darchen (bottom of Mt. Kailash), then again we start our trekking trail and most part of the Lhasa we drive by 4WD and at the end we fly from Lhasa Ganggar airport to Kathmandu.
The ancient pre-Buddhist bon religion of Tibet saw mountains as power points linking heaven and earth, due to that Mt. Kailash is very holiest place for hindu religion and Mount Kailash as the soul Mountain of the kingdom of Zhang Zhung. The struggle for the hearts and minds of Tibetans between traditional Bon and modern Buddhist centered on Kailash, and the story of the contest of Magic between the Bon deity Naro Bon Chung and the Buddhist saint (Lapchi) Milarepa to decide which faction could claim the sacred mountain is still told today Legend has it that Milarepa won, but was generous enough in victory to bequeath a nearby peak to the Bon-po and agree that they might still circumambulate Mount. Kailash.
The Chinese profession of Tibet in 1951, following internal unrest and the destruction wrought on Tibetan monastic culture during the Cul. Rov resulted in the hermetic sealing of borders with India and Nepal. Ancient trading links and pilgrimage routes were instantly abolished and many remote frontier communities were oblique into economic void.
After our Mt. Kailash Trekking tour we'll explore through this wonderful country, staying in the best traditional hotels. In the towns of Lhatse, Gyantse, Shigatse and Lhasa we explore further monasteries, Palaces and fully immerse ourselves in the Buddhists culture. In the same time we will have a chance to see the highest and biggest lake in Tibet.
Day 01. Arrive at Kathmandu Airport:
You will be met by our airport representative and transfer to hotel and a short brief about Tibet tour after refreshment.
Day 02. Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu:
Kathmndu Valley sightseeing tour including Kathmandu durbar square, Patan durbr square, Baudhnath Stupa, Swayabhu Nath, Pashupatinath Temple and Preparation for Simikot Mt. Kailash Trekking.
Day 03. Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj.
Day 04. Fly from Nepalgung to Simikot and trekking to Dharapari. Overnight at Camp (2400m) 4 hours
Day 05. Trekking from Dharapari to Kermi. Overnight at Camp (2800m) (Hot Spring visit) 5 hours
Day 06. Trekking from Kermi to Yalbang. Overnight at Camp (2900m) 5-6 hours
Day 07. Trekking from Yalbang to Tumkot. Overnight at Camp (2950m) (6-7 hours)
Day 08. Trekking from Tumkot to Thado Dhunga. Overnight at Camp (4100m) (6-7 hours)
Day 09. Explore a day in Thado Dhunga for acclamitazation
Day 10. Trekking from Thado Dhunga to over Nara Pass (4500m) and drive to Purang. (3775 m).
Day 11. Drive from Purang to Chiu monastery Manasarovar Lake. (4550m). Overnight at Camp.
Day 12. Explore a day around Mansarovar Lake. And enjoy in hot spring (if you want).Overnight at Camp.
Day 13. Drive from Mansarovar Lake to Darchen (bottom of Mt.Kailash) (4600m).
Day 14. Trekking from Darchen to Dira Phuk gompa. Overnight at Camp (5000m)
Day 15. Trekking from Dira Phuk to over Dorlma La pass (burning flam rock) [5630m] Camp at Khando Shanglham.
Day 16. Trekking from Khando Shanglham to Darchen and then drive to Ngari Phuntshom (4500m). Overnight at Camp
Day 17. Drive from Ngari to Saga.
Day 18. Drive from Saga to Lhatse.
Day 19. Drive from Lhatse to Shigatse (3900M).
Day 20. Drive from Shigatse to Gyantse (3950M).
Day 21. Drive from Gyantse to Lhasa (3650m).
Day 22. Shightseeing Tour in Lhasa
Day 23. Shightseeing Tour around Lhasa.
Day 24. Drive from Lhasa to Namtsho Lake.
Day 25. In the morning Explore the Namtsho Lake and drive back to Lhasa
Day 26. Drive from Lhasa to Ganggar airport and fly to Kathmandu.
NOTE: The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. The trek can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
Note : On adventure trips of this type, weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
• Airports picks up and drop by private Car/Van.
• Flight tickets from Kathmandu to Lhasa.
• Full Day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley including private car/van and well trained tour guide.
• Three night’s accommodation in star category hotel in Kathmandu with Bed and Breakfast.
• All the necessary documents and Tibet entry Visa.
• The entire entrance fee while you visit monuments in Tibet and Nepal.
• Tibetan English speaking guide during Tibet trekking and tour.
• Ground transportation by 4WD Land curser.
• Supported truck, if needed.
• Full board during camping trekking (overnight at camp).
• Mule and Yak or porter for carrying luggage during your trek.
• All Camping Cooking and all others necessary equipments.
• All the staffs for kitchen.
• Any special permits or documents for trekking, if required.
• Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.
• Lunch & Dinner while you are in Kathmandu.
• Lunch & Dinner while you are in hotel or guest house in Tibet.
• All the alcoholic and non alcoholic Drinks (overnight at Hotel or Guest house).
• International airfare and airport departure tax.
• Emergency evacuation if needed.
• Your personal equipments.
• Excess Baggage during your trekking.
• Anything not mentioned above.
• Tips for all staffs and driver.
|Trip Duration:||16 Days|
|Trip Destination:||Simikot to Kailash Trek|
||Certified Trekking Guide|
|Group Size:||1 - 12|
|Trip Grade:||Fairly Strenuous|
||Flight, Private Car or a Tourist Coach.|
|Accommodations:||LODGE CAMPING ( Any One)|
|Trip Seasons:||Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov|