Mt. Manaslu (8,163m / 26,781ft) Located 28.32.58 longitude and 83.33.43 latitude Manaslu is situated in the central region of Nepal in the Gorkha massif is the eighth highest mountain in the world. The name Manaslu was derived from the Sanskrit word "Maanas" meaning "soul" or "intellect". Japanese were the first to climb Manslu Mountain in 1956, therefore it is still considered as Japanese peak by many people. Though there are many routes to Manslu mountaineering , as the long ridge Manaslu base camp and valley glacier offer feasibility to approach from different directions, but South Face is considered to be the most difficult. Our caravan route to this mountain begins from Gorkha to Samagaon and the return route via the Larky La/ Larky pass trekking to the Annapurna classic route , making the expedition one of the memorable one for Mt. Manaslu climbing. Manaslu (8163m) have summated in 1956 by a Japanese expedition team. Its name comes from the Sanskrit word manasa, meaning "intelligence" or " soul". Just as the British considered Everest their mountain.
Manaslu has always been a Japanese mountain. HW Tillman and Jimmy Roberts photographed Manaslu during a trek in 1950. But the first real survey of the peak was made by a Japanese expedition in 1952. A Japanese team made the first serious attempt on the peak from the Budhi Gandaki valley in 1953. When another team followed in 1954, the villagers of Samagaon told them the first team had been responsible for an avalanche that destroyed a monastery and refused to let the 1954 expedition. The expedition set off to climb Ganesh Himal instead. Despite a large donation for the rebuilding of the monastery, subsequent Japanese expeditions, including the one that made the first ascent in 1956, took place in an atmosphere of animosity and mistrust. The second successful Japanese expedition was in 1971. There was a South Korean attempt in 1971 and in April 1972 an avalanche that killed five climbers and 10 Sherpas ended the second made the fourth ascent of Manaslu as a member of a Tyrolean expedition that climbed from the Marshyangdi valley in 1972.
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
Day 02-03 : Prepare Expedition & Briefing.
Day 05 : Drive to Gorkha
Day 06 : Gorkha – Khanchock
Day 07 : Khanchok - Arughat
Day 08 : Arughat – Sotikhola 6 hours
Day 09 : Sotikhola – Machhakhola 6/7 hours
Day 10 : Machhakhola – Jagat
Day 11 : Jagat – Ukawa
Day 12 : Ukawa – Ngyak 5/6 hours
Day 13 : Nyak – Namrung 5/6 hours
Day 14 : Namrung – Syalla village
Day 15 : Syalla - Sama village
Day 16 : Sama Village
Day 17 : Sama Village – Manaslu Base camp
Day 18 - 44 : Climbing Period for Manaslu 8163m.
Day 45 : Base camp – Sama village
Day 46 : Sama – Namrung
Day 47 : Namrung – Philim village
Day 48 : Filim – Machakhola
Day 49 : Machakhola – Soti
Day 50 : Soti – Arughat
Day 51 : Arughat – Dhading & drive to Kathmandu
Day 52 - 54 : Kathmandu
Day 55 : Final Departures.
* All land transportation by vehicle, (Airport /Hotel/Airport, trekking, expedition pick up & drop).
* Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast basis at Hotel.
* 3 Meals; B/L/D and accommodation during the treks at best available Teahouses Lodge till Base Camp and back.
* Experience and professional expert Nepalese expedition crews; 1 Base Camp guide,1 Cook, necessary Kitchen boys, Each person 1 Tent (Sierra Design / North Face) for sleeping at base camp and above BC 1 tent for 2 member, Dining Tent, Tables, Chairs, Mattress, Toilet Tent, Mess Tent, Shower Tent, communication tent, 1 medical tent, Kitchen tent, Store tent, staff and Liaison officer tent and Kitchen utensil while in Base Camp as well as provide hygienic continental 3 hot meals B/L/D.
* Gas Heater inside Dining Tent
* Crew’s equipment charge, daily wages, expedition insurance and other facility.
* Permit fee of Mt Manasulu Expedition, trekking permit and National Park fees
* Per Person 40 KG. Equipment’s luggage or barrels allowed for expedition till to Base Camp.
* Expedition equipment’s luggage or barrels is allowed on the way back to Kathamndu from Base Camp. (Expedition equipment’s luggage or barrels carried by Porter or Yak). (Transportation of all food and climbing equipments to base camp and back.)
* Gammo Bag for the life saving device, in case of altitude sickness for Member and nepali team.
* Medical Kit Box for Nepalese crew’s and simple medical service for members till BC.
* Porters or Yak porter kathmandu to Base camp & Base camp to kathamndu
* Equipment allowance, daily allowance for Liaison officer ,climbing guides(3 and 4 clients for 3 Climbing guide Sherpa, 5 clients for 4 climbing guide Sherpa, 6 clients for 5 climbing Sherpa guide, 7 clients for 6 climbing guide sherpa), expedition crew
* Insurance for Nepalese(Climbing Sherpa guide ,cook, Ass. Cook, porters etc.), expedition crew
* Local transportation in Kathmandu (Airport-hotel-airport)
* Oxygen, Mask and regulator Each Nepali climber and Clients
* Walki Takie & satellite phone permit
* Climbing food, Gas & stove above Base camp
* Garbage Deposit
* Group climbing equipment- high tent, high food, rope, snow bar, ice screw, etc.
* Bonus for sherpa guide (Load ferry bonus to High camp)
* Each climbing Sherpa guide they will get 2 bottle Oxygen for Climbing period and Each clients get 3 bottle oxygen with mask and regulator.
* The Sherpas guide are well trained from NMA (Nepal mountaineering Association) and strong. Some are already did the Mt.Manasulu Summit.
* Solar panel/generator with accessories at base camp for power supply and recharging purpose
* Internet Service
* Good Weather Forecast
* All airport transport
* Office service charge
* PERSONAL equipment for climbing & trekking
* Personal & medical Insurance of expedition
* Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
* Emergency Rescue evacuation by helicopter incase needed
* Personal expenses
* Bar Bills & beverage
* Tips for all group member
* Insurance of member
* Visa & visa extension fees
* Cost of emergency evacuation
* Main meals in KTM and personal natures expenses
* Summit bonus of Climbing Sherpa
|Trip Duration:||55 Days|
|Trip Destination:||Manaslu Expedition
|Group Size:||1 - 12|
|Max. Altitude:||8163 meters
||Flight, Private Car or a Tourist Coach.|
|Accommodations:||LODGE CAMPING ( Both)|
|Trip Seasons:||April to June every year.