Siklis trek is known as Royal trek and this is an alternative to other short treks in the region, the SIKLISH TREKS probes an uncrowned corner of the Annapurna Conservation Area under the shadows of Lamjung Himal and Annapurna II and IV. This fabulous camping trek takes you about a week, starting at Beganas Tal (Lake) and heading north to the Madi Khola, then following the river''s west bank up to well-preserved Siklesh (1,980m.), Nepal''s biggest Gurung village. From here you strike westwards over the thickly forested ridge that separates the Madi and Seti Khola drainage''s and then descent via Ghachok, another Gurung settlement, to reach the Pokhara - Baglung Highway. Variations on this route are often touted as the ''Royal Trek'', after a rally the troops swing Prince Charles took through the area in 1980 to visit the villages of Gorkha recruits, as part of an effort to develop this into a model eco-trekking route.
Rough and wild, this trek cuts through less traveled country south of Annapurna 2 and Lamjung himal massif. It boasts good mountain views and the local people are unaccustomed to trekkers. It is a spectacular short trek and traverses a variety of terrain from low land villages and rich terrain up to Nepali’s largest Gurung (Gurkha) village (3000m) as well as blooming forests of rhododendron in the spring. The historic hill trek to Siklis; one of the early southern Gurung settlements and the second largest Gurung village still retains an aura of olden times.
Here, the Jhankri (shaman) and Lama (priest) have important roles in this Buddhist community, marriage, death and day-today lives. Siklis village lies above the Mardi Khola (1,981m), overlooking Annapurna IV to the north and Annapurna II and Lamjung Himal to the east. The region is particularly good for bird watching because of its pristine forested surroundings where different species of birds thrive.
Day 01 – Arrival in kathmandu
Upon arrival at Kathmandu International Airport transfer to your hotel in Kathmandu or Bhaktapur. Short briefing will follow concerning the necessary formalities and your trekking itinerary. Depending upon your arrival time you may spend free time visiting nearby sanctuaries or resting.
Day 02 – Kathmandu to Pokhara
Travel from Kathmandu to Pokhara, on the shores of scenic Phewa Lake..
Day 03 – Pokhara to Thulakot
Drive to Bijaypur Khola (river) and then on to Thulakot, with the ruins of a hilltop fortress and views over Pokhara. Overnight in our camp.
Day 04 – Thulakot to Taprang (5 hours)
Trek through spectacular scenery to the village of Taprang with its steep terraced hillsides. Overnight in Taprang.
Day 05 – Taprang to Lamakhet (5 hours)
Trek to Lamakhet, a picturesque village along the Modi river. Overnight in Lamakhet.
Day 06 – Lamakhet to Siklis (4 hours)
Trek to Siklis, passing Parju Village along the way.
Day 07 – A rest day
Explore Siklis and take the opportunity to observe the daily life of the Buddhist Gurung people.
Day 08 - Siklis to Thumke-Danda (5 hours)
Trek to Thumke-Danda and overnight.
Day 09 – Thumke-Danda to Pokhara
Trek for approximately 3 hours to Phedi Khola and then drive to Pokhara (4 hour drive).
Day 10 – Pokhara to Kathmandu
Fly or drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 11 - Final Departure
Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure.
NOTE: The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. The trek can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
Note : On adventure trips of this type, weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
• Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus.
• Standard twin sharing accommodation in three/four star hotel in Kathmandu breakfast included.
• Standard twin sharing accommodation in two/three star hotel in Pokhara breakfast included.
• Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
• Guided city tour in Kathmandu and Pokhara by private car / van / bus.
• All your standard Meals during the trek.
• Twin sharing Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek
• Local Ace the Himalaya licensed English speaking Guide.
• The required number of local staff and Porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
• Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
• Annapurna conservation Park permits.
• Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
• All our government taxes.
• Official expense.
• Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu and Pokhara .
• Your travel insurance (compulsory, please contact us if you wish to sign up for the Global Rescue membership plan).
• International airfare and airport departure tax.
• Nepal entry visa, you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. You will also require 2 passport size photos.)
• Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
• Personal trekking Equipment.
• Tips for trekking staff. (Tipping is expected).
• Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
|Trip Duration:||11 Days|
|Trip Destination:||Siklis Trek|
||Certified Trekking Guide|
|Group Size:||1 - 12|
||Flight, Private Car or a Tourist Coach.|
|Accommodations:||LODGE CAMPING ( Any One)|
|Trip Seasons:||Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov|